Sunday, January 2, 2011

I Think I Know What I Want to Do With My Life!

Since graduation looms around the corner I've started to think about what to do when I have my degree. And as quickly as I start to wonder I become friends with a teacher who works in Chicago and introduced me to a program through the AUSL (Academy of Urban School Leadership). We have talked over five hours and she has answered all my questions. Super super helpful!

If your interested here is the website: http://www.ausl-chicago.org/
Here is the AUSL promotional video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCXW-Z4EXwQ

What it is is a program where I can get my Master's degree in a year and in return I have to make a 4 year commitment in a Chicago turn-around school. A turn around school is a school that Chicago Public Schools recognized as a failing school and they turn it over to the AUSL program. Results are in and the schools are showing substantial success. 

I am attending an informational session January 5th in Chicago and on the 6th I am planning on going and visiting a turn around school I am interesting in working at. What makes it unique is that it is only 15 minutes away from Beau's house AND the school is classified as an environmental green building. 

I hope the session and tour go well! I will make sure I keep everyone updated!

As I close I would like to say...GO PACK GO! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment