Sunday, February 20, 2011

Now that the weather forced me to leave my mini vacation in Sheboygan early I now have the time to update!

I started subbing last week Wednesday. I was lucky enough to work Thursday and Friday as well. Yeah money!


Wednesday I shadowed a building sub (which is a sub that is at school everyday regardless of what jobs are available) which was helpful. I got a tour of the school and later in the day we subbed in an eighth grade U.S. History classroom. I taught the last hour of the day and the students seem to react positively to me. 


Thursday I subbed in a Geometry classroom. I am AWFUL at math so this was interesting. Luckily they were learning slope and I half understood that. The students didn't like me but that is okay. Haha. I was strict and made them complete their work before they went on Facebook. I'm such a bad teacher ;) 


Friday I volunteered in a READ 180 classroom. I taught that at my second placement for student teaching so I was familiar with the program. That day was fun. I got to read, help students read, and have political discussions with a few mature students. Fourth block, though, they put me in a Spanish III class and I do not speak any Spanish. I felt horrible sitting there while the student teacher tried to answer the questions. I couldn't help because my Spanish vocabulary is limited to Hola and No Hablo Espanol...


Time to go finish cleaning my room. I just shoveled the drive way so I will sleep good tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment